William Flax, Esq.
414 Walnut Street
Cincinnati (Hamilton County), Ohio 45202
Experienced Trial Lawyer--Civil Or Criminal
Representing Clients In The Courts Of Southwest Ohio
Contingent Fees Available For Prosecution of Personal Injury & Some Contract Actions
Innovative Solutions For Difficult Problems.
Fees For Prosecution Of Non-Contingent Fee Cases & For Defense Of Most Civil Or Criminal Actions:
* Services In Office & Legal Research--$135 per hour.
* Time in transit between Office & Court Room or Deposition--$115 per hour.
* Time in Court Room or at Deposition Site--$175 per hour
Rates somewhat higher for Murder & some F-1 Felony Cases--or for Defending very large Civil suits.
* Contingent Fee Rates for the appropriate personal injury or contract case, by negotiation. If liability is clear, these ordinarily would be 25% (range 22-26%) for settlement without filing suit; 33 1/3% for settlement or judgment after suit is filed (range 30-33 1/3%)--sometimes with stipulation for more, if case goes to Appeal. [Fees calculated on the basis of net recovery, after all expenses of litigation. Most expenses responsibility of client, regardless of outcome.]~
* Also--Wills, Contracts & Incorporations, at "In Office" hourly rates.
No Divorce cases--a matter of principle.
Will handle post decree Domestic matters, at above hourly rates.
~People seeking representation on a contingent fee basis need to read the contract carefully. Some lawyers take percentages based upon "gross" rather than "net" recovery. In cases where multiple Depositions and/or expensive expert witnesses fees may be involved, this can make a very significant difference in what the client actually sees. Be very careful!
Understanding Your Legal Heritage--A Public Service:
The Declaration Of Independence--the American Beginning
The Treaty of Paris (Recognizing Independence)
The Constitution Of The United States (Applying Independence)
Washington's Farewell Address (How To Preserve Independence)